Tenpin Bowling Australia (TBA) is excited to announce the selection of the High Performance Advisory Committee. This committee is poised to bring a new level of expertise and insight to the sport of tenpin bowling in Australia.
The selected members of the committee are distinguished professionals with a wealth of experience in various fields relevant to high performance in sports. Their expertise ranges from coaching and sports science to athlete representation and sport psychology.
- Ryan Edgar – TBA Non-Executive Director, specialising in Innovation and Technology, Systems, and Analytics.
- Gareth Webber – TBA High Performance Manager, with a focus on High Performance, Sports Science, and Strength & Conditioning.
- Gail Torrens – TBAQ CEO and Coaching Director, bringing over 20 years of experience in coaching State and International teams.
- Jason Walsh – A former Australian athlete who has competed on the PBA, European, Asian, and World Bowling Tours.
- Chris Batson – A National Coach with experience in Indonesia, Malaysia, Singapore Sports School, and Australia, and a Hall of Fame member.
- Chris Mesagno – A Senior Lecturer in Sport Psychology, with 20 years of research focusing on elite high performance sport strategies.
- Chris Castle – Current National Training Squad (NTS) Athlete Representative.
- Bec Whiting – Current National Training Squad (NTS) Athlete Representative.
The committee is scheduled to have its first meeting in January 2024.
TBA extends its congratulations to the selected Advisory Committee members. We are confident that their collective knowledge and experience will significantly contribute to the advancement of high performance in tenpin bowling in Australia.
We also want to express our gratitude to all applicants who showed interest in the Expression of Interest process. The number and quality of applications received were outstanding, reflecting the passion and dedication within our community.
For more details about the High Performance Advisory Committee and their upcoming initiatives, please contact Gareth Webber, TBA High Performance Manager [email protected]
Stay tuned for more updates and follow our journey towards elevating the standards of high performance in tenpin bowling.