Tenpin Bowling Australia is calling for expressions of interest to join its newly formed High-Performance Advisory Committee.
The purpose of the High-Performance Advisory Committee is to provide advice, guidance and expertise to management on High Performance run by Tenpin Bowling Australia Limited (TBA) for athletes, coaches and officials and provide assistance with National team or squad matters.
The Committee will comprise of at least five members whom TBA management deem to have suitable experience and expertise as a High-Performance athlete, coach, official or in any other area of High-Performance management deems appropriate. The Committee will also include two TBA-elected athlete representatives to speak as athletes on behalf of the athletes.
The expected duties of the members of the High-Performance Advisory panel may include the following:
- Feedback on TBA’s High-Performance activities, plans, policies and practices;
- Opportunities and ideas to grow and develop TBA’s High-Performance program;
- Recommendations to Management on the International Championships Australia should attend in a given period
- Collaboratively develop TBA’s Long-Term High-Performance Strategy
- Help tackle the key findings from the McGovern Review
- Form the appeals panel for National Team and/or NTS selections (as required);
- Any other advice, guidance or expertise TBA management may require in High Performance
In the case of a selection appeal, TBA will appoint at least three-panel members to form the selection review panel as per the national selection policy.
In performing its duties, the Committee will maintain effective working relationships with TBA operational staff and recognise that management can further discuss, implement, or not implement any advice, suggestions or recommendations provided by the Committee.
It is expected that the time commitment required for this role will involve scheduled meetings around National Training Squad and Teams activities with TBA management having the authority to call special meetings as required.
TBA will appoint members with the desired skills and attributes to form the panel. Application submissions will close at the close of business on the 3rd of November 2023.
If you are interested in becoming a member of the High-Performance Advisory Committee, please complete an Expression of Interest application by clicking here or the button below.
If you have any questions regarding the initiative or the application process, please direct these to [email protected]