The third running of the Gold Coast Cup will take place this weekend at Coolangatta Tweed Tenpin. The fifth of seven 2019 open division ranked events will host over 70 bowlers at the three day event.
- Where? Coolangatta Tweed Tenpin – 55 Wharf Street, Tweed Heads, QLD
- When? 16th, 17th and 18th August 2019
- What? Open Division Nationally Ranked Event – Accreditation # A19/0200
- Facebook – Gold Coast Tenpin Cup / Tenpin Bowling Australia
- Stream – here – subscribe to Gold Coast Tenpin Cup’s YouTube channel to be notified when they go LIVE across the weekend
Matt Watson (WA)
Top 5 Open Division Ranked Players Attending As of 15th August 2019
- Jayden Panella (VIC) – 168 points (4th)
- Robert Kendall (VIC) – 97 points (7th)
- Chris Castle (VIC) – 89 points (8th)
- Jayden Leming (QLD) – 89 points (9th)
- Scott Robertson (NSW) – 87 points (10th)
With the late withdrawal of Queenslander Jarrod Langford, the field is wide open with many having a chance to close the gap on the open rankings point table.
Jayden Panella – After achieving a silver medal in the doubles event at the 2018 World Youth Championships, Panella has bowled confidently in 2019 and currently sits 4th on the open rankings point table. A third place in the previous open ranked event at the SA Cup will provide the Wyncity Point Cook based bowler more confidence in potentially closing the gap between himself and Langford.
Minhee Kim – After featuring in the 2018 Rollin’ Thunder event, the Korean born and Logan Tenpin based Minhee Kim will be a key player come Sunday. In her two ranked event appearances this year, Kim has placed in the top 3 of the field (Kegel QLD Open & QLD Ladies Classic) and was the eventual winner of the high profile Lexus of Townsville Suncity Open.
Established 2017. 2019 is the third running of the Gold Coast Cup.
Qualifying – All bowlers to bowl 10 games scratch pinfall. Friday August 16th. Squad A. 6:00pm check-in. Saturday August 17th. Squad B. 7:30am check-in. Saturday August 17th. Squad C. 1:00pm check-in. Saturday August 17th. Squad D. 6:30pm check-in.
Stage 2 – Pinfall Carry Over- The top 24 bowlers to bowl 6 games scratch pinfall. Sunday 18th August
Matchplay Final – Pinfall dropped – The top 15 bowlers on scratch pinfall after Stage 2 will progress to match play consisting of 7 games, 3 way match play. Bonus pins applied will be 20 pins for 1st, 10 pins for 2nd and 0 pins for 3rd place each match. Sunday 18th August
Stepladder Final – The top 5 at the completion of matchplay will proceed to a stepladder cascading final Sunday 18th August
1st – $3000 + Trophy + 2020 Entry