The 2021 Junior division ranked event season kicks off this weekend with the seventh running of the Queensland Junior Cup at Caboolture Bowl & Mini Golf.
It has been a lonnnnnnng wait for Juniors across the country to have the opportunity to compete in a nationally ranked event once again. 575 days to be exact – since the last running of a junior nationally ranked event (Junior Sydney Cup – October 4th, 2019) and we all know what 2020 was like! A big welcome back to all participants!
Aussie tenpin bowlers 18 years and under are welcoming the opportunity to return to the excitement and challenge of tournament competition. Due to travel restrictions in 2020, many of the registered bowlers are now new to the scene. With a total prize pool of more than $10,000 in cash and prizes on offer, this year’s Queensland Junior Cup has attracted players from the ACT and every State in Australia.
In December 2020, tournament organisers found a way to run the event which saw Jessica Canfield and Jackson Buckingham named open champions. Both return in 2021 to defend their titles.
More reading here –
Good Luck and High Scoring everyone!
- What? Nationally Ranked Junior Event – A21/0131
- Where? Caboolture Bowl & Mini Golf
- When? May 1-3 2021
- Stream? Cab Bowl Live – Facebook & YouTube
- Facebook? South Queensland Junior Tenpin & Tenpin Bowling QLD
- Entry Form? Click here
This is the seventh running of the Queensland Junior Cup
Jackson Buckingham & Jessica Canfield won the unranked running of the event last year
|2015||Breanna Kyte||Matt Clague|
|2016||Rebekah Commane||Matt Clague|
|2017||Rebekah Commane||Kyle Annetts|
|2018||Grace Fahy||Nixon Chan|
|2019||Sarah Pennicott||Nixon Chan|
|2020||Jessica Canfield||Jackson Buckingham|
- Qualifying will involve completion of 12 games
- Top 8 Males and Top 8 Females on pinfall will qualify for the Open Final
- The remainder of the field out of the cut will have their handicap added to their qualifying pinfall
- The top four bowlers will compete in handicap final
- Final formats detailed in entry form – bracket format and consisting of two game blocks with winners determined by total pinfall