The third open division ranked event will get underway this weekend at Oz Tenpin Chirnside Park with the 48th running of the Melbourne Tenpin Cup.
The Melbourne Tenpin Cup (MTC) is one of Australia’s most historical and prestigious tournaments on the bowling calendar. After two years of cancellations due to the COVID-19, the Melbourne Tenpin Cup (MTC) returns for bowlers to enjoy.
Action is set to get underway on Saturday, June 11 and wraps up on Sunday afternoon, June 12.
We wish all bowlers the very best of luck and high scoring.
- What? Nationally Ranked Open Event – A22/0150
- Where? Oz Tenpin Chirnside Park
- When? 11-12 June, 2022
- Entry Form – click here
This is the 48th running of the Melbourne Tenpin Cup.
The last running of the event in 2019 saw Jarrod Langford claim his second MTC title in a row after winning in 2018. Jarrod will be in attendance in 2022 to defend his crown.
|1983||Dave Davis (USA)|
|1988||Donna Adamek (USA)|
|1997||Alex Liew (MAL)|
- Qualifying (10 games)
- All entrants will complete 10 games in one appearance in their nominated squad. 5 x 2 game blocks
- The top 39 will bowl a further 5 games in 5 x 1 game blocks. At the completion of the 5 games, the Top 15 will continue on to the Round Robin Stage
- The Top 14 will bowl 7 games Round Robin. Bonus pins will be 40 pins for a win, 20 pins for 2nd and zero for third.
The winner is based on total pinfall from all sections of the tournament plus bonus pins (pinfall carries over).