The best junior and youth bowlers from around the country will come together on the weekend for the first-ever Sydney Bowlfest at Tenpin City in New South Wales.
The Sydney BowlFest includes several events including the running of two nationally ranked events – The Junior Sydney Cup and Sydney Youth Cup. These events are the second events on both the Junior and Youth division ranked event calendar for 2023.
As well as the ranked events, the Sydney BowlFest will also host the Sydney Un15s and Un13’s Cup.
Steeped in tradition, the Junior Sydney Cup started in 1977 and this will be the 45th running of the prestigious event.
Joining the Australian talent will be a travelling team from New Zealand. A total of 15 athletes plus coaches and managers of its Junior and Youth National Training Squads have travelled down under to test their skills against some of Australia’s best after hosting the Australian NTS18 squad in 2022.
“We can’t wait to welcome everyone to this new and exciting event,” said Tournament director, Dion Alexander.
“We thought it made sense to join the junior and youth events together this year to create a mammoth carnival of bowling over one weekend.
“It should be a fantastic weekend with high-quality bowling on display from both the Australian and New Zealand competitors” added Alexander.
The format of both the JSC and SYC will see bowlers qualify by providing their best three qualifying squad scores (9 game total). With pinfall carrying over from qualifying, the top 8 males and top 8 females will then advance to the matchplay finals where bowlers will complete seven games head to head with bonus points activated.
Following the matchplay round, the top two bowlers will bowl the title match which will be a one-game match with pinfall not carrying over from matchplay. The number one seed will have the option for a rechallenge if they lose the first match.
Justin Dinham and Samantha Clifton will be in attendance to defend their Junior Sydney Cup crowns and for the Sydney Youth Cup, Jamie Robinson will be in attendance to defend his 2022 title while Grace Fahy has aged out.
It promises to be a weekend full of action showcasing some of the rising stars in the sport.
We wish all bowlers the best of luck and high scoring at the event.
- What? Nationally Ranked Junior and Youth Division Event A23/0141
- Where? Tenpin City, Lidcombe, New South Wales
- When? 19-21 May 2023
- Entry Form – Download here
- Oil Pattern – Download here
- Squad List – View here
- Results – View here
Junior Sydney Cup
Sydney Youth Cup
If you have any additional information about previous winners not listed, please email [email protected].au to allow updating of records
- Parking in the shopping centre is 3hrs free after that it is paid parking (there is now an external company that looks after the parking system and hence we can’t get our free parking anymore)
- All squads and qualifying attempts need to be paid through Tenpin Results multiple divisions can be qualified for at the same time if the bowler is eligible and will need to be paid for through Tenpin Results before the start of the squad
- Bowlers will be required to check-in to each squad
- Squad refunds will not be issued
- A ball paddock will be available for bowlers in the meeting room