The Professional Bowlers Association (PBA) tour continues this week with two events scheduled to conclude the PBA Storm Cup.
This year, the PBA Storm Cup was introduced as a new series on tour. A set of four events would keep a running ladder of points from performances. After all four Storm Cup events are concluded, the top five players will receive a bonus, with the first ranked player receiving $10,000.
Two PBA Storm Cup events have run in 2022, with the final two set to kick-off this coming week.
Swedish Superstar Jesper Svensson took out the first PBA Storm Cup event – David Small’s Best of the Best Championship. The second event, the David Small’s Kokomo Championship, was taken out by Australian Jason Belmonte.
All the PBA Storm Cup events follow the same format.
- 12 games of qualifying
- Top 24 advance and bowl four more games
- Top 16 advance and bowl two more games
- Top 8 advance and bowl two more games
- Top 4 advance to the stepladder finals
After a marathon World Series of Bowling XIII, the Australian duo of Jason Belmonte and Sam Cooley will return to the lanes this week for two more opportunities for titles. Young gun Western Australian Callum Borck will also be striving to make the events by competing in the Pro Tour Qualifier events before each of the main events run.
The Storm Cup: PBA Lubbock Sports Open is up first and will run from Sunday to Monday (Australian time). The Storm Cup: PBA Colorado Springs Open will run from Thursday to Friday (Australian time).
Make sure you stay up to date with all the news on PBA.com and stream the action on FloBowling.
We wish all Aussie bowlers luck and high scoring this week.
Storm Cup: PBA Lubbock Sports Open
Sunday, March 20
- Qualifying Round 1 (six games) – 1 am AEDT
- Qualifying Round 2 (six games) – 7 am AEDT
Monday, March 21
- Round of 24 (four games; top 16 advance) – 1 am AEDT
- Round of 16 (two games, top eight advance) – 3.30 am AEDT
- Round of 8 (two games; top four advance) – 5.15 am AEDT
- Stepladder finals – 7.30 am AEDT
Storm Cup: PBA Colorado Springs Open
Thursday, March 24
- Qualifying Round 1 (six games) – 4 am AEDT
- Qualifying Round 2 (six games; top 24 advance) – 10 am AEDT
Friday, March 25
- Round of 24 (four games; top 16 advance) – 3 am AEDT
- Round of 16 (two games, top eight advance) – 6.30 am AEDT
- Round of 8 (two games, top four advance) – 8.30 am AEDT
- Stepladder Finals – 11.30 am AEDT
THE STORM CUP POINTS LEADERS THROUGH TWO EVENTS
- Jason Belmonte, 5,410
- Nick Pate, 5,300
- Jesper Svensson, 5,240
- EJ Tackett, 3,610
- Dom Barrett, 3,330
- Packy Hanrahan, 3,260
- Bill O’Neill, 2,560
- Chris Via, 2,440
- Anthony Simonsen, 2,390
- Tom Smallwood, 2,140
Credit to the PBA for images used in this article