State and Territories will battle it out on the lanes as the Cole Cup and Open State Team Challenges get underway today at ZONE BOWLING Mt Gravatt.
The two events are the premier team events of the National Disability Championship, and for the first time in the event’s history, the event will be streamed on Cluch TV.
The purpose of both events is to determine the best State and Territory representative team of Tenpin Bowlers annually, each consisting of five players. Both events strive to foster, develop, and advance a spirit of good sportsmanship and fellowship, promote and maintain a good relationship amongst the representative teams, and advance their mutual interest in bowling.
New South Wales will be in attendance to defend their 2019 titles after winning both the Cole Cup Challenge and Open State Team Challenge.
The two events differ slightly. Both involve the same format, but the Cole Cup Challenge operates under a handicap system.
The Cole Cup Challenge utilises a handicap system. A handicap system in bowling allows competitors to compete against other bowlers with varying levels of skill and ability, providing an equal chance of winning. A bowling handicap is a percentage of the difference between your average and a basis average.
The handicap system applied to all participants in the Cole Cup will be 100% of 200.
The Open State Team Challenge does not utilise a handicap system. Scores are based on their total pin count, disregarding handicap.
There are five representative teams in this year’s Cole Cup Challenge and Open State Team Challenge.
- Australian Capital Territory
- New South Wales
- Northern Territory
Cole Cup Challenge Representative Bowler Roster
Open State Team Challenge Bowler Roster
Format for Matches
- Teams will compete against each team once in the first five matches of the event
- Teams will be randomly drawn to provide matchups for round six, which will be the final round of the event
- Each match will be one full team game
- The draw is a six-team draw with one slot allocated to the BYE.
- The team scheduled to play the BYE will bowl against the BYE, and the team must bowl their average to win the points against the bye
- Each team member will be matched against the opposing team member in the corresponding position in the line-up
- The maximum point total for each match is 7 points (5 individual points and 2 total team points)
Cole Cup Challenge
- The Bowler achieving the highest total pinfall with handicap for the game will win one (1) point for the team. In the event of an equal game score, the point will be equally shared
- The team’s total pinfall with handicap will be compared with the total pinfall with handicap of the opposing team, and two (2) points will be awarded to the team with the highest total pinfall with handicap
- At the conclusion of all rounds, the team with the highest number of points will be declared the Cole Cup Challenge Champions of the year.
- In the event of two or more teams having the same number of points, the team with the highest pinfall with handicap will be declared the winner
Open State Team Challenge
- The bowler achieving the highest total pinfall for the game will win one (1) point for the team. In the event of an equal game score, the point will be equally shared.
- The team’s total pinfall will be compared with the total pinfall of the opposing team and two (2) points will be awarded to the team with the highest total pinfall. In the event of an equal team score, the points will be equally shared.
- At the conclusion of all rounds, the team with the highest number of points will be declared the Open State Team Challenge Champions of the year.
- In the event of two or more teams having the same number of points, the team with the highest pinfall will be declared the winner
Below is the lane draw for both events. The Cole Cup will occur on lanes 3-8. The Open State Team Challenge will run on lanes 9-14.
Bowling will commence from 9 am.
Scores and Results
Scores and results will be provided either on Tenpinresults or uploaded onto this page when received from the Tournament Team.
We are excited to have Cluch TV streaming the days event on their platform.
You will be required to create and register an account on the Cluch TV platform to access the free streaming of the event.
When attempting to Log in, you will be able to connect/register using a Facebook or Google Account. Alternatively you can sign up using an email address.
You can scan the QR code below or head to www.cluch.tv to register and stream today!