Tenpin Bowling Australia Limited is committed to the inclusion of all Australians. Over recent years, this vision has allowed the inclusion of teams into the Australian Adult Championship.
We are continuing to build on the work that has been achieved at previous year’s Australian Adult Championships. The 2020 championships will be held in Hobart at Zone Bowling Moonah, from the 22nd July to 15th August 2020. Our aim is to enter a men’s and ladies team into the National Restricted Teams Challenge.
TBA is seeking expressions of interest, from bowlers with an Intellectual Disability, (as classified under the TBA Rules) who are interested in participating in the team.
Some key information to consider:
Please note: This is a fully inclusive Disability Team and is open to all TBA Registered Players. To be selected for the team any bowler with a physical disability, whether they use any type of medical or bowling aid to compete, must fulfil the timing requirements of TBA Rule 210, Slow Bowling Item (d) which states: “A player is given 30 seconds from the moment the previous bowler steps down from the approach to the time the ball leaves the hand of the bowler.” Evidence of the bowler’s ability to fulfil this requirement will need to be provided with their nomination.
• Participants must have bowled a minimum 24 games in a registered centre before 31st of December 2019 and must be bowling in a registered centre and league.
• Averages cannot exceed 184 in the Men’s Division and 174 in the Ladies Division. Up-to-date individual bowler’s record sheets for all leagues that the bowler is participating in must be provided with your Expression of Interest Form.
• The event is self-funded – the match fees will be approximately $400
• Accommodation and transport will be required for the event in Hobart and is at the bowler’s expense. This is to be organised by the bowler in conjunction with the team manager
• Bowlers will be expected to follow a schedule of events and instructions made by Tenpin Bowling Australia and the appointed team staff members
Tenpin Bowling Australia has advertised for team staff including a coach and manager to lead this group to the Australian Adult Championship.
Please Note that a selection process may occur if more than 4 bowlers nominate in each division.
The selection process will be coordinated by TBA representatives.
To express an interest, please complete the attached form, if you require any additional information, please contact Kortnee Morcus on firstname.lastname@example.org or (07) 3262 4455.
Draft Schedule of Events
|Monday||3rd August||Athletes arrive into Hobart|
|Tuesday to Thursday||4th to 6th August||Squads – Singles, Doubles, Teams|
|Friday to Sunday||7th – 9th August||National Restricted Teams Challenge|
|To be Advised||date to be advised||Presentation dinner|