TBA is currently reviewing the contents of the Team Manager accreditation course, and updating it accordingly with changes that have recently happened. This may result in a delay in getting course modules and materials to you. We apologise for any inconvenience.
What is involved in becoming a Team Manager?
The Team Managers course gives a basic overview of the key responsibilities and requires participant to understand a variety of rules and regulations within TBA’s Policies and Procedures.
This course involves the following Education Modules which includes 2 multiple choice exams on Rules & Regulations, a written exam on Nutrition and 5 Case Studies. It includes:
- Bowler Education Module Nutrition Exam
- Team Manager Case Studies
- Team Manager Rules Assessment Exam
Team Manager accreditation with the Tenpin Bowling Australia is valid for 2 years and includes:
- $20 million of Public Liability Insurance
- $5 million of Professional Indemnity Insurance
Please refer to the Summary of Cover on the V-Insurance Group TBA page for full Policy details
- TBA Team Manager ID tag
- Opportunities to manage Local, State or National teams
Who should become a TBA Team Manager?
Any person who is interested in managing bowling teams from Local to National teams. Accredited team managers are required for all National and State representative teams.
Like coaches, team managers play an integral part in any team. The duties of the team manager include organiser, coordinator, negotiator, first aid, motivator, food and hydration specialist, listener, support person and fundraising coordinator, just to name a few!
- Participant must be at least 17 years of age;
- Must be a current TBA registered member; and
- Must hold a current Working with Children check or equivalent from their State of residence.
Complete the following:
- Team Managers Registration Form
- Coach/Official Code of Behaviour Individual Agreement (included in the registration form)
- Personal Character Declaration for Coaches and Officials (included in the registration form)
- Make payment – credit card or bank transfer (proof of transfer required)
- Provide 1 suitable photos (head and shoulders included in the photo with no other people visible in the photo, single coloured background, SMILING, High quality photo)
- Register or log into the Play by the Rules eLearning and complete an update if required
– Child Protection
– Harassment & Discrimination
- Register or log into the SIA eLearning (ASADA) and complete an update if required
– Level 1 and Level 2 Anti-Doping Courses
- Complete First Aid Training Courses (must have completed the 2 components below as a minimum)
– HLTAID001 & HLTAID003 (or updated equivalent)
Once all of the above has been completed, payment has been confirmed and forms submitted to Tenpin Bowling Australia, you will receive your TBA specific Team Managers course Modules to complete.
Forward to TBA via
Email: [email protected]
Mail: Tenpin Bowling Australia
Attn: Team Manager Reaccreditation
P.O. Box 244
ALBION QLD 4010