What is involved in becoming a Silver Coach?
The Silver coaching accreditation is the third and highest level of accreditation within the TBA coaching framework. The Silver course is a multi platform course which includes attending a face to face course, completing a workbook by correspondence, undertaking an on lane practical assessment, online theory and video analysis assessment.
Silver coaches will gain the knowledge and skills to provide specialised training programs for competitive bowlers. They’ll be able to provide an open learning environment that includes specialised training programs for competitive bowlers to develop specific skills. Coaches who successfully meet the accreditation requirements will be competent in understanding the following topics:
- Specific adjustments to the physical game
- Building a bowling ball arsenal
- Advanced lane adjustments
- Matching ball surfaces to lane conditions
- Advanced mental game concepts
- Video analysis and
- Establishing a practice plan to develop and expand a bowler’s options in competition.
Who should become a Silver coach?
Bronze coaches who wish to advance their coaching skills to the next level. This coaching program is for those who want to coach intermediate to advanced bowlers at the elite level and may include State and National representative bowlers and teams.
- Participant must be at least 18 years of age;
- Must be a current registered TBA member;
- Must hold a current Working with Children check or equivalent from their State of residence; and
- Must be a current TBA Bronze Accredited Coach for a minimum of 12 months
Complete the following:
- New Coach Registration Form
- Coach/Official Code of Behaviour Individual Agreement (included in above link)
- Personal Character Declaration for Coaches and Officials (included in above link)
- Make payment – credit card, cheque or bank transfer (proof of transfer required)
- Provide 2 suitable photos (head and shoulders included in the photo with no other people visible, single coloured background, SMILING, high quality photo)
- Register and complete the Intermediate General Principles of Coaching course. This course is offered externally, and consists of up to 13 modules and includes an extra payment (approx $200-$350). The Intermediate General Principles of Coaching course is available either face to face in Queensland or New South Wales or alternatively online by correspondence.
- Register or log into the Play by the Rules eLearning and complete an update if required
– Child Protection
– Harassment & Discrimination
- Register or log into the ASADA eLearning and complete or update if required
– Level 1 and Level 2 Anti-Doping Courses
- Complete First Aid Training Courses (must have completed the 2 components below as a minimum)
– HLTAID001 & HLTAID003
All of the above steps MUST be completed in addition to attending the face to face coaching course before gaining a TBA Silver accreditation. (excluding Intermediate general principles).
Next steps include:
- Enrol in a TBA coach accreditation course, paying the registration fee of $400
- Attend the practical certification course, including the on-lane evaluation session
- Complete and pass the online theory assessment through the USBC Online Learning Portal. Your Login information will be sent via email during the week following the face to face course.
Forward to TBA via
Fax: (07) 3262 5544
Mail: Tenpin Bowling Australia
P.O. Box 244
ALBION QLD 4010