What is involved in becoming a Level 1 Coach?
The TBA Level 1 coaching accreditation is the first level of accreditation within the TBA coaching framework. The Level 1 course is offered online and covers fundamentals and basic skill development. It includes:
- Roles and responsibilities of a coach;
- Progression of skills from two-handed delivery to the basic four-step approach;
- Sport safety;
- Maintaining a positive teaching approach and environment;
- Rules and regulations of the sport;
- An overview of programs and opportunities;
- Video analysis of case studies.
Who should become a Level 1 Coach?
The program is designed for bowlers, teachers, parents and centre staff. Level 1 coaches will gain the knowledge and skills to deliver beginner bowling programs including Sporting Schools and Bowl Patrol.
- Participant must be at least 16 years of age;
- Must be a current registered TBA member; and
- Must hold a current Working with Children check or equivalent from their State of residence.
Complete the following:
- New Coach Registration Form
- Coach/Official Code of Behaviour Individual Agreement (included in Coach Registration form)
- Personal Character Declaration for Coaches and Officials (included in Coach Registration form)
- Make payment – credit card or bank transfer (proof of transfer required)
- 1 quality jpeg photo (head and shoulders included in the photo with no other people visible and a single coloured background, SMILING high quality photo)
- Register or log into the Play by the Rules eLearning Portal and complete
– Child Protection
– Harassment & Discrimination
Once all of the above has been completed, payment has been confirmed and forms submitted to Tenpin Bowling Australia, you will receive your login details to access the USBC Online Learning Portal.
Not quite ready for Level 1? Why not start with a Bowl Patrol ‘Lane Ranger’ qualification? A 3-hour face to face course delivered complimentary at participating Bowl Patrol centres across Australia. Once approved and in combination with state-required checks, a Lane Ranger coach can deliver our eight session-program in centre to primary-school aged participant.
To register or find out more visit our Bowl Patrol website.
Forward to TBA via
Email: [email protected]