What is involved in becoming a Bronze Coach?
The Bronze coaching accreditation is the second level of accreditation within the TBA coaching framework. The Bronze course is a multi platform course including a face to face course, on lane practical assessment and an online theory assessment.
This coaching program covers planned skill development, communication skills and development of competitive athletes. This course continues the progression of the concepts and basic mechanics learned in the online Level 1. At the conclusion of the program, coaches will be competent in the following:
- Philosophy of coaching
- Fine tuning the physical game
- Lane conditions and adjustments
- The mental game
- Components of the bowling ball
- Dynamics of ball motion
- Video analysis
- Giving a lesson
Who should become a Bronze Coach?
Level 1 coaches who wish to advance their coaching skills beyond the basics and progress to the next level. Bronze certification is particularly relevant for coaches of intermediate level junior bowlers, current league bowlers, Local and some State representative teams and coaching people with a disability.
- Participant must be at least 18 years of age;
- Must be a current registered TBA member;
- Must hold a current Working with Children check or equivalent from their State of residence; and
- Must be a current registered TBA Level 1 Accredited Coach
Complete the following:
- New Coach Registration Form
- Coach/Official Code of Behaviour Individual Agreement (included in the registration form)
- Personal Character Declaration for Coaches and Officials (included in the registration form)
- Make payment – credit card, cheque or bank transfer (proof of transfer required)
- Provide 2 suitable photos (head and shoulders included in the photo with no other people visible in the photo, single coloured background, SMILING, high quality photo)
- Complete Covid Safe Sport Coach Program to become a COVID Safe Sports Coach, click here
- Register or log into the Sport Aus eLearning and complete
– Community Coaching General Principles Course
- Register or log into the Play by the Rules eLearning and complete
– Child Protection
– Harassment & Discrimination
- Register or log into the ASADA eLearning and complete
– Level 1 Anti-Doping Course
All of the above steps MUST be completed in addition to attending the face to face coaching course.
Next steps include:
- Enrol in a TBA coach accreditation course and pay the registration fee of $385;
- Attend the practical certification course, including the on-lane evaluation session;
- Complete and pass the online theory assessment through the USBC Online Learning Portal. Your Login information will be sent via email during the week following the face to face course.
Forward to TBA via
Email: [email protected]
Fax: (07) 3262 5544
Mail: Tenpin Bowling Australia
P.O. Box 244
ALBION QLD 4010