The TBA Coach accreditation process and requirements have been reviewed and updated for 2021.
Changes have been made to both Bronze and Silver Level requirements to reflect more on lane experience and quality assurance across our coaching ranks.
Some changes include:
- Our coach accreditation process has adopted recommended COVID requirements, and has adapted to the changing environment.
- Both Face to Face and online (remote) options for Bronze and Silver Courses across Australia.
- For Silver Course; an opportunity to complete Intermediate Coaching General Principles Course online through TBA (for a fee).
- Coaching Experience: For both Bronze and Silver Courses, there is now a requirement for all participants to complete and submit a minimum number of coaching hours (on lane experience) both prior to and after completing the theory course. This is before they become accredited.
- Quality Assurance: Participants must attend on lane sessions with approved Silver Level Coaches (Development Days or alternatives) to be assessed on knowledge and prove that they are competent deliverers (as a Bronze or Silver Coach) before receiving their accreditation.
More information can be found on each specific coaching page.
There are three levels of coaching accreditation,
Level 1, Bronze and Silver.
Each level provides information to equip coaches with the resources necessary to coach athletes who are new to the game right through to the elite.
Not ready to become a coach quite yet, why not become a Lane Ranger and teach participants the basics of bowling through the Bowl Patrol program. To find out more go to Bowl Patrol
REGISTER YOUR INTEREST
Courses are not confirmed until numbers are known and payments completed.
TBA works with all State Associations to finalise course dates throughout the country. When a minimum number of participants isn’t reached, we may propose an alternative date or venue.
Individuals interested in participating in a coaching course can also contact Mike Griffith, the TBA National Junior Participation & Education Coordinator, to confirm specific details via [email protected]