The TBA Coach accreditation process and requirements have been reviewed and updated for 2021.
Changes have been made to both Bronze and Silver Level requirements to reflect more on lane experience and quality assurance across our coaching ranks.
Some changes include:
- The new TBA Volunteer Support Program has been released. Coaches and managers are rewarded for being active at two levels: with free sports membership and registration.
- COVID: Our coach accreditation process has adopted recommended COVID SAFE requirements and has adapted to the changing environment.
- Coach Education: Both Face to Face and online (remote) options for Bronze and Silver Courses across Australia.
- Silver Course: there is now an opportunity for participants to complete the Intermediate Coaching General Principles Course (requirement) online through TBA (for a fee).
- Coaching Experience: For Bronze and Silver Courses, there is now a requirement for all participants to complete and submit a minimum number of coaching hours (on lane experience) both prior to and after completing the theory course. This is before they become accredited.
- Quality Assurance: Participants must attend on lane sessions with approved Silver Level Coaches (Development Days or alternatives) to demonstrate skills, be assessed on their knowledge and prove that they are competent deliverers (as a Bronze or Silver Coach) before receiving their accreditation.
More information can be found on each specific coaching page.
There are three levels of coaching accreditation,
Level 1, Bronze and Silver.
Each level provides information to equip coaches with the resources necessary to coach athletes who are new to the game right through to the elite.
Not ready to become a coach quite yet, why not become a Lane Ranger and teach participants the basics of bowling through the Bowl Patrol program. To find out more go to Bowl Patrol
- Online Remote (TBC) – Course and dates subject to level of interest – register EOI now
- SA – Face to Face Course (Dates TBC) – Register EOI now
- Remote Online: 17th, 18th, 25th & 25th May 2021. – COMPLETED
REGISTER YOUR INTEREST
TBA works with all State Associations to finalise course dates throughout the country. When a minimum number of participants isn’t reached, we may propose an alternative date or venue.
Individuals interested in participating in a coaching course can also contact Mike Griffith, the Education & High Performance Manager, to confirm specific details via [email protected]