Tenpin Bowling Australia (TBA) has released the schedule of confirmed events for the 2023 National Ranked Event season.
Caboolture Bowl in Queensland is set to open and close the 2023 season once again by hosting the first event – the Hammer Queensland Seniors Classic from 20-22 January 2023 and the last event, the Grand National Youth Eliminator from 18-19 November.
The purpose of the National Rankings System is to provide an opportunity for bowlers to compete in Australia’s major tournaments allowing a chance to compete for national titles and collect ranking points to monitor their results performed on challenging conditions.
Anyone who is a TBA member can compete in a ranked event to test their game against the best in the country.
There is a total of ten divisions that span five age groups:
- Junior – (Female and Male): A Junior is defined as a bowler who has not reached the age of 18 years on January 1st of the current year.
- Youth – (Female and Male): A Youth is defined as a bowler who has not reached the age of 21 years on January 1st of the current year.
- Women’s – Adult
- Open – Adult
- Seniors (Female and Male) – A Senior is defined as a bowler who must attain the age of 50 years or above in the year of the competition.
- Grand Seniors (Female and Male) – A Grand Senior is defined as a bowler who must attain the age of 65 years or above in the year of the competition.
Ranking points will be recorded and allocated for TBA Silver members (league/junior PLUS Silver upgrade) that participate in a scheduled ranked event. Participants must be a TBA Silver member before bowling their first ball in that ranked event for points to be allocated.
You can learn about becoming a TBA registered member here.
The 2023 bank of oiling patterns will be emailed to tournament organisers in the coming weeks, and the publishing of oil patterns, entry forms and all other information will be released once received by tournament organisers and approved by TBA.
For more information regarding ranked events and how you can get involved, head to the ranked event section on our website.
Test yourself against the best in 2023!
Please note that this information is accurate as of 15 November 2022. Several events are still finalising their dates with TBA. Any changes to this information and potential additions to the schedule will be made with separate announcements.
2023 Ranked Event Confirmed Schedule
- 29 April- 1 May – Queensland Junior Cup – TBC
- 20-21 May – Junior Sydney Cup – Tenpin City, NSW
- 5-7 July – Australian Junior Masters – Zone Bowling Moonah, TAS
- 25-26 February – Werribee Youth Cup – Wyncity Keon Park, VIC
- 20-21 May – Sydney Youth Cup – Tenpin City, NSW
- 18-19 November – Grand National Youth Eliminator, Caboolture Bowl, QLD
- 7-9 April – Vic 150 – TBC, VIC
- 6-7 May – Qld Ladies Classic, Caboolture Bowl, QLD
- 28 June-1 July – Australian Masters, Zone Bowling Moonah, TAS
- 9-10 September- NSW Open, Tenpin City, NSW
- 3-5 March – Kegel QLD Open – Caboolture Bowl, QLD
- 17-18 June – Melbourne Tenpin Cup- Oz Tenpin Chirnside Park, VIC
- 28 June – 1 July – Australian Masters – Zone Bowling Moonah, TAS
- 9-10 September – NSW Open – Tenpin City, NSW
- 20-22 January – Hammer QLD Seniors Classic – Caboolture Bowl, QLD
- 27-28 May – South Australian Seniors Classic – TBC, SA