DAY 2 – 2022 Tenpin World Cup at the AGL National High-Performance Centre on the Sunshine Coast, Queensland today.
Today’s Singles Individual Competition Block 1 will conclude, by the end of the day all athletes will have started their World Cup campaign, all the action is set to commence from midday (Australian Eastern Standard Time).
You can follow along with LIVE UPDATES on our Daily Blog – which includes interviews with the winner of each block.
Sunday’s Schedule includes:
Men Group C – 12.00pm for 7 games
Men Group D – 2.45pm for 7 games
Women Group C – 5.30pm for 5 games
Women Group D – 7.45pm for 5 games
Here are the competitors for each Women’s block:
|Group C||Group D|
|Anna Andersson SWE||Krizziah Tabora PHP|
|Danielle McEwan USA||Bek Martin AUS|
|Cherie Tan SGP||Sarah Young NZL|
|Janin Ribguth GER||Colleen Pee SGP|
|Maria Arles PHP||Stefanie Johnson USA|
|Grace Fahy AUS||Saskia Malz GER|
|Siti Safiyah MAS||Josefin Hermansson SWE|
|Melonie Lister NZL||Natasha Roslan MAS|
Here are the competitors for each Men’s block:
|Group C||Group D|
|BYE||Jordan Dinham PHP|
|Ivan TSE HKG||Patrick Weichert GER|
|Hakim Tun MAS||Lukas Jelinek CZE|
|AJ Johnson USA||Jarrod Langford AUS|
|Frank Drevenstedt GER||Ryan Julian NZL|
|Francois Lavoie CAN||Edward Burgos PUR|
|Jaroslav Lorenc CZE||Eric Tseng HKG|
|Nayef ALOBEIDLI UAE||Jakob Butturff USA|
|Jason Belmonte AUS||Rafiq Ismail MAS|
|Jesper Svensson SWE||Pontus Andersson SWE|
|Josh Stretton NZL||Wei Siong Darren Ong SGP|
|Nu’man Syahmi Bin Yusri SGP||BYE|
|Merwin Tan PHP||Hussain ALSUWAIDI UAE|
|Eisam Hussein PUR||Mitch Hupe CAN|
The WOMENS Pool Match Ups – can be accessed HERE
The MENS Pool Match Ups – can be accessed HERE
Round 1 – Individual Competition (Bowlers participating singularly earning points and position for their team and the top 8 from each group in the Men’s Division qualify for the Top 32 and the top 4 from each group in the Women’s Division qualify for Top 16)
Round 2 – Singles Top 32 (men) Top 16 (women) bracket matches
Round 3 – Finals (Quarter, Semi, Bronze, Final)
- An impartial and random draw will be conducted to place athletes into four groups (Group A, B, C, D), each group containing one athlete from each federation.
- The number of federations participating in the singles is 13 Men and 8 Women. Each group in the Men’s and Women’s Division will bowl match-play within their group.
13 Men’s federations in each group (A,B,C, and D), then further divided via a draw of names. (There will be bye in each group to ensure each athlete bowls the same number of games)
8 Women’s federations in each group (A,B,C and D)
- Athletes will bowl one game matches in their group according to a predetermined schedule. The last match will be a position round.
- Points will be allocated on the following basis;
Three Points for a win
One point for a tie
Zero for a loss
- At the conclusion of Round 1 there will be a ranking in a global leaderboard combining the scores of each individual athlete as one leaderboard for the nation they represent.
- Ties for positions within leaderboard will be broken by highest last game (combined) in qualification. If a tie still exists, it is broken by highest 2nd last game and so forth until tie is broken
- Men – 13 federations four groups of 13 (Bowler A, B, C, D assigned to a Group via a draw).
- Women – 8 federations four groups of 10 (Bowler A, B, C, D assigned to a Group via a draw).
If you are at the event we would love to see your photos you capture! Make sure you tag us and use the hashtag #tenpinwc22