DAY 3 – 2022 Tenpin World Cup at the AGL National High-Performance Centre on the Sunshine Coast, Queensland today.
Today’s Singles Individual Competition Block 1 will conclude, by the end of the day all athletes will have started their World Cup campaign, all the action is set to commence from midday (Australian Eastern Standard Time).
You can follow along with LIVE UPDATES on our Daily Blog – which includes interviews with the winner of each block.
Monday’s Schedule includes:
12:00 – Women Group B (5 Games)
14:15 – Women Group A (5 Games)
16:30 – Men Group B (7 Games)
19:15 – Men Group A (7 Games)
The Women in our groups are:
|Group A||Group B|
|Shayna Ng SGP||Bec Whiting AUS|
|Li Jane Sin MAS||Jenny Wegner SWE|
|Lara Posadas PHP||Bryanna Cote USA|
|Christine Rota NZL||Esther Cheah MAS|
|Chloe Clague AUS||Birgit Noreiks GER|
|Cajsa Wegner SWE||Dayna Haylock NZL|
|Jordan Richard USA||Rachelle Leon PHP|
|Sabrina Laub GER||Hui Fen New SGP|
The Men in our groups are:
|Group A||Group B|
|Israel Hernandez PUR||Jordan Jung CAN|
|BYE||Paul Purps GER|
|Darren Alexander CAN||Mahmood ALATTAR UAE|
|Syafiq Ridhwan MAS||Cristian Azcona PUR|
|HKG||James Blomgren SWE|
|Ben Pettit NZL||Timmy Tan MAS|
|Sultan ALQUBAISI UAE||Sam Cooley AUS|
|Jaris Goh SGP||Kris Prather USA|
|Tobias Börding GER||Emerson Gotencio PHP|
|Martin Larsen SWE||Marek Talpa CZE|
|Adam Hayes AUS||HKG|
|Jan Macek CZE||Blake Brooks NZL|
|Kenneth Chua PHP||Eugene Yeo SGP|
|Kyle Troup USA||BYE|
The WOMENS Pool Match Ups – can be accessed HERE
The MENS Pool Match Ups – can be accessed HERE
Round 1 – Individual Competition (Bowlers participating singularly earning points and position for their team and the top 8 from each group in the Men’s Division qualify for the Top 32 and the top 4 from each group in the Women’s Division qualify for Top 16)
Round 2 – Singles Top 32 (men) Top 16 (women) bracket matches
Round 3 – Finals (Quarter, Semi, Bronze, Final)
- An impartial and random draw will be conducted to place athletes into four groups (Group A, B, C, D), each group containing one athlete from each federation.
- The number of federations participating in the singles is 13 Men and 8 Women. Each group in the Men’s and Women’s Division will bowl match-play within their group.
13 Men’s federations in each group (A,B,C, and D), then further divided via a draw of names. (There will be bye in each group to ensure each athlete bowls the same number of games)
8 Women’s federations in each group (A,B,C and D)
- Athletes will bowl one game matches in their group according to a predetermined schedule. The last match will be a position round.
- Points will be allocated on the following basis;
Three Points for a win
One point for a tie
Zero for a loss
- At the conclusion of Round 1 there will be a ranking in a global leaderboard combining the scores of each individual athlete as one leaderboard for the nation they represent.
- Ties for positions within leaderboard will be broken by highest last game (combined) in qualification. If a tie still exists, it is broken by highest 2nd last game and so forth until tie is broken
- Men – 13 federations four groups of 13 (Bowler A, B, C, D assigned to a Group via a draw).
- Women – 8 federations four groups of 10 (Bowler A, B, C, D assigned to a Group via a draw).
If you are at the event we would love to see your photos you capture! Make sure you tag us and use the hashtag #tenpinwc22